Skip to main content

Thanksgiving Part 2

Hey lazy keto friends!!

I made 2 more recipes for Thanksgiving yesterday, and I'd love to share them with you!!

The first can be found here. It is Maria Emmerich's Keto Pumpkin Pie recipe. Now, as you follow me, I think that you will find that I am a huge fan of Maria Emmerich. Her recipes are generally unbeatable, and the research and science that she and her husband have put together to make the case for Keto is the most thorough and extensive that I've seen. However, I sometimes struggle with her black and white opinions on food. But that's besides the point!

So some notes: I did change the recipe. I didn't have Stevia Glycerite on hand. Also, I think Swerve is generally disgusting. So I skipped the glycerite, and instead of the swerve, I used half monk fruit and half granulated stevia. I also didn't make it as a full pie. I hate huge things that I have to measure before eating. So I thought that since the pie was 12 servings, I would make 24 mini-muffin servings. This did end up being a problem, however. I only used about 2/3rds of the crust mixture and barely half of the filling mixture.

Now, I'm not upset about this at all! It made my little bites about 1 carb per bite. And it tasted JUST like pumpkin pie! It was super delicious! I highly recommend this recipe!


  • Ease of Recipe: 7 out of 10
  • Simplicity of Ingredients: 7 out of 10
  • Taste Compared to Original: 10 out of 10
  • Texture Compared to Original: 10 out of 10
  • Overall Lazy Mom Keto Rating: 10 out of 10

The second recipe is also a Maria Emmerich original. I got it out of her Comfort Foods cookbook which I just bought last week and am completely LOVING!! You can find it here. Totally worth the money, though if you look around you can usually find a deal and get it cheaper than the list price of $35. 

Anyway, the name of this recipe is Italian Fudge. It was crazy simple to do, has essentially no carbs, uses only simple ingredients (butter, cream cheese, maple flavoring, ginger, pecans, coconut milk and maybe 1 or two more). It took me about 15 minutes to whip up and then throw into the freezer to set. Easy peasy! I will be making this recipe so much in the future! My only beef with it is that it was just a smidge bland (I added a 1/2 more salt before pouring it into the pan and I would like to experiment by adding more ginger). But for a yummy treat that's super easy to whip up and has essentially no carbs, this is a great go-to.

  • Ease of Recipe: 10 out of 10
  • Simplicity of Ingredients: 9 out of 10
  • Taste Compared to Original: 8 out of 10
  • Texture Compared to Original: 10 out of 10
  • Overall Lazy Mom Keto Rating: 9 out of 10

Comments